Ganesh Mandir Dombivli: In old days, people were seeking the need for Ganpati mandir so that they can worship before starting any new work. Since there was no Ganpati Mandir at that time in Dombivli East, Ganesh mandir was established. The mandir was established in on 22nd May 1924. Ganesh Mandir is located on Phadkye Road.
Ganesh mandir was intentionally kept open for all caste and creed. This shows the open culture of Dombivlikars since then. Ganesh Mandir Sansthan was established in 1926-27 which took over the management of the mandir. Just Rs. 2/- were the contributions collected at that time. Ambu Tai Godbole was the first pujari of the mandir in 1930 and was serving the mandir for few years.
Ganesh Mandir Sansthan website: http://www.shreeganeshmandirsansthan.org
Facts about Ganpati Mandir:
- Mandir was built in 1924.
- The banyan tree ( वटवृक्ष ) present in the mandir premises is more than 100 years old.
- The current building was built in 1952.
- Sarvajanik Ganesh Utsav started in 1928 while the Mahalaxmi Utsav started in 1952.
- In the year 1942, facilities were made for post death rituals in the mandir premises.